Miguel Abraham Elias is an aggressive litigation attorney with strong leadership, vast trial experience, and excellent negotiation skills. Born in Puerto Rico and half Cuban, Miguel is fully bilingual in both English and Spanish. Miguel left Puerto Rico when he was fifteen years old to study at Monteverde High School near Orlando, Florida. He then attended Loyola University in New Orleans, Louisiana, graduating in May of 1994 with a Bachelor in Business Administration and a concentration in Management and Marketing. He went on to pursue a law degree at Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans, where he obtained his Juris Doctorate in Common Law with Civil Certificate in May of 1997.
In 1998, Miguel received his license from the Louisiana Supreme Court and began his practice as an associate at the Law Office of Neville G. Orrett, where he had previously worked as a paralegal. He was quickly promoted to named partner. He continued his practice at the Law Office of Orrett & Elias for two years. In the year 2000, Miguel opened his own practice- Miguel A. Elias, APLC. Since then, his office has served clients of all nationalities and throughout the State of Louisiana. His practice continues to be at the forefront of professional and excellent legal representation. Miguel resides in Kenner with his lovely wife and four beautiful daughters.
Achievements and Affiliations:
* First Hispanic Magistrate Judge for the City of Kenner, 2004
* First Magistrate Judge to preside over the Division for Domestic Abuse in Kenner Mayor’s Court
* Board Member for Clarion Herald, Official Newspaper of the Archdiocese of New Orleans
* Board Member for Hispanic Apostolate
* Admitted to practice law in the State of Louisiana, United States Court of Appeals, and Federal Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana
* Member of Louisiana State Bar Association
* Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
* Vice President of Louisiana Hispanic Attorneys Association, 2000-2001
* President of Spanish American Law Student Association, 1996-1997
* Loyola University’s Presidential Award for International Understanding, 1994
* President of International Student Affairs, 1993-1994
* Dean’s List, Loyola University of New Orleans, 1991-1994